Syncros HP Micro Pump Review Skip to main content

Featured Post

Pacsafe® Venturesafe EXP45 Anti-Theft Carry-On Travel Pack

Syncros HP Micro Pump Review

Background

Back in the days when I was cycling regularly, I was always trying to reduce items and go light every time I go for a ride. One of the items was a bicycle hand pump. I feel that it should be small and light enough so that it can fit into my cycling jersey's back pockets, and my tool storage bottle, if I am bringing only one water bottle along. 

One day I was walking around bicycle shops and found the Syncros HP Micro Pump. It was by far the smallest I have found. I decided to do some research online before buying it to see if there are any smaller pumps out there. I wasn't able to find others at that point in time and as such, I went back to the shop and purchase the pump.

The Stuff

The Syncros HP Micro Pump can only be used for Presta valves. It measures 13.3cm in length. It has a level to lock and unlock the valve when attaching it. Here are some of the pictures that I've taken to show how the pump looks like:

The Syncros HP Micro Pump
The Syncros HP Micro Pump

Pump fully extended with level in locked position
The pump fully extended with level in locked position

Size of the pump
The size of the pump

Usage

I have used the Syncros HP Micro Pump several times in my cycling days. It did not occur on my bike, but on occasions where some of the riders have to replace their inner tubes due to puncture. The pumping and locking mechanism work as to how it should be. There is no issue with it. 

As this pump is small in size, you will need a lot of strokes to get the desired pressure. This will take time and toll on your arms if you happen to have a puncture in the middle of your ride. As this is a piece of necessary equipment to bring along your ride, it is a compromise that you will have to accept if you want a small hand pump.

You can check out the video of the pump below or on YouTube:



Conclusion

Overall, I feel that the Syncros HP Micro Pump is definitely the pump to get if you are looking for a hand pump that is small and fits into your pocket. It will come in handy if you have a puncture in the middle of your ride. If you are interested in getting this product, you can click here. This is the only site online I found so far that still sells this, as it is no longer available in most places.